Trophy Day - Celtic v St Mirren, 12.30 Celtic Park, Saturday 18th May

My Daughter and Partner where to go to an Abba celebration tonight in Candelriggs. The old fruit market. But her Partner who supports the other mob wouldn't go . Paid for tickets lost their money because he didn't want to see us celebrating. What I ask is why people like that who pay good money to go to an Abba celebration, would lose their hard earned money because he doesn't want to run into our celebrations 🎉🎊
Like you can’t understand why you would do that, it was the same in 67 when we won the European Cup Glasgow turned out to wellcome and to be honest a lot of the other lot turned out to greet them home But even then and the fantastic achievement that Celtic were the first team in Britain to bring it to Glasgow they were on every corner booing and hurling abuse Why if you bet a horse and it comes second you don’t turn to hate to satisfy hurt never have understood people who behave like this and to throw good money away because there we’re celebrating winning the league is just crazy with no thought for his other half is beyond the pale she has my sympathy. By the way the wife is English and C of E yet she came to the pub to watch the match to support my team ?

Last edited:
Another title celebration although the game was a bit like the season we had our ups and downs but win out in the end. I love these days and hope there are many more of them, I just hope that the younger fans appreciate the history they are watching and never come to think they are entitled to it like the huns think they are. On a side note instead of complaining about the fans going into Trongate to celebrate/ merchant city why don't Glasgow City Council organise a fanzone on Glasgow green and have bars and eating places as well as toilets and plenty of bins they would make money from it or is that just too much like common sense.

Another title celebration although the game was a bit like the season we had our ups and downs but win out in the end. I love these days and hope there are many more of them, I just hope that the younger fans appreciate the history they are watching and never come to think they are entitled to it like the huns think they are. On a side note instead of complaining about the fans going into Trongate to celebrate/ merchant city why don't Glasgow City Council organise a fanzone on Glasgow green and have bars and eating places as well as toilets and plenty of bins they would make money from it or is that just too much like common sense.
Because that would be sensible and doing something to alleviate the city centre crowding and be doing something to help the ratepayers.
Far easier to carp about all the hassle this is causing them.
Jobsworths every one
HH

If you’ve watched closely the last two games,,killie+,st mirren when Brendan’s went to get interviewed by sky he’s put his arm round lennys neck and roused the support to applaud him!!think brendan knows there was a bit of treachery done to Lenny on his last time with us,maybe sending a wee subliminal message to lawell??

When we go on to win the double on Saturday will Liewell look on that as vindication for his decision not to spend any money on player recruitment in January 🤔
A think the days of that cunt lawell having a say in things that aren’t in his remit are well and truly over miktim…
This is my fear Miktim. That Lawwell feels vindicated yet again that our managers overcome the the self-inflicted barriers in our transfer dealings to still be successful DESPITE and not because of this interfering bean counter. Why do we deliberately hamstring ourselves to a transfer policy that produces more failures than successes, all while having huge wealth doing bugger all in our bank account.

Instead of wasting so much money on 9 or 10 inexperienced foreign youngsters, invest in 3 or 4 higher quality players. It costs the same amount anyway and gives a higher chance of success. Not many of us are expecting us to go far in Europe but at least compete better and cut down on the humiliations which seem to happen at least once each season.

Espiritosanto, I really do hope you are right. But not sure if I can believe Lawwell can seed power to someone else. Besides, without wanting to pre-judge our new head of recruitment, I believe he still has the abide by our policy of targetting 19-23 year olds. His main experience is in South America which is a concern as very few players from there succeed i Scotland (there are a few: Izaguirre, possibly Palma & £60m rated Morelos). I think he latterly had involvement in the MSL so that could be fruitful for us.

This is my fear Miktim. That Lawwell feels vindicated yet again that our managers overcome the the self-inflicted barriers in our transfer dealings to still be successful DESPITE and not because of this interfering bean counter. Why do we deliberately hamstring ourselves to a transfer policy that produces more failures than successes, all while having huge wealth doing bugger all in our bank account.

Instead of wasting so much money on 9 or 10 inexperienced foreign youngsters, invest in 3 or 4 higher quality players. It costs the same amount anyway and gives a higher chance of success. Not many of us are expecting us to go far in Europe but at least compete better and cut down on the humiliations which seem to happen at least once each season.

Espiritosanto, I really do hope you are right. But not sure if I can believe Lawwell can seed power to someone else. Besides, without wanting to pre-judge our new head of recruitment, I believe he still has the abide by our policy of targetting 19-23 year olds. His main experience is in South America which is a concern as very few players from there succeed i Scotland (there are a few: Izaguirre, possibly Palma & £60m rated Morelos). I think he latterly had involvement in the MSL so that could be fruitful for us.
A hear what your saying mate,but a think after brendan going to the states at the winter shutdown for a Q+A with celtic fans and in the company of dermot tashy desmond we could well see the back of lawell this summer??maybe get a job way his boy washing cars??

A hear what your saying mate,but a think after brendan going to the states at the winter shutdown for a Q+A with celtic fans and in the company of dermot tashy desmond we could well see the back of lawell this summer??maybe get a job way his boy washing cars??
I really hope you are right. But late 2023 Brendan was boasting to fans at Celtic nights that we were definitely aiming to recruit 4 first team ready experienced players in the January window. He was obviously slapped down for that and it changed to hoping to get maybe 1 or 2 in. In the end we scrambled about, spent 17 days negotiating for Kûhn and then Rodgers stepped in to recommend Norwich's 3rd choice striker as he had previous experience with Idah.

I don't believe DD cares enough and Lawwell genuinely believes that he knows better than everyone else.

This has been a long and hard league campaign, with plenty of challenges along the way, but to celebrate Trophy Day at Celtic Park makes it all worthwhile.

To become the Scottish Champions is what we set out to do at the beginning of the season, and to be able to lift the league trophy inside this stadium packed with our own supporters is really special.

I’ve been lucky enough to have enjoyed a few of these occasions over the years, and each one is memorable in its own right.

For the lads who are experiencing this for the first time, it’s a great reminder of just how big Celtic is and the demands of this club, which is to be successful. We have an incredible history at this club, and each of us here wants to keep adding to that.

Our success has been built on a strong team bond, with everyone playing their part, and led by the manager, along with an excellent staff, and so every single member of the squad deserves enormous credit for this achievement.

Of course, our season doesn’t end now because we still have the Scottish Cup final to look forward to next weekend.

As I said, this club is built on success and on a determination to keep striving for more. That’s what we’re determined to do, and we now have the opportunity to lift another trophy at Hampden.

We know it will be a tough task, but it’s one that we relish, and our aim is to ensure another unforgettable afternoon at the National Stadium.

That can only happen with your support. The manager has spoken about the importance of togetherness between the team and the fans, and when that is the case, special things can be achieved.

Together, we have already ensured that we are the Champions of Scotland and, together, we can hopefully put green and white ribbons on another trophy next Saturday.

Before then, there is also an opportunity for another Celtic league success, with the Women’s team having the chance on Sunday to secure the title and also create history in the process, given that this would be the club’s first ever league triumph.

It is great that they have the chance to do that here at Celtic Park, which has witnessed so many special and historic moments over the years, and everyone is hoping that Kelly and her team-mates can get the result which makes them Scottish Champions as well.

It would be a brilliant achievement and something special if both our men’s and women’s teams can win the league this season, and knowing how important our fans are to us, I hope that as many of you as possible get along to Celtic Park to cheer on the Ghirls as they look to beat Hibs and make history.

On behalf of our squad, I want to thank you for all your support throughout this campaign. It is so important to all of the players here and it’s something that we really appreciate.

I’ve said many times before that our fans are one of our biggest strengths, and we’re all looking forward to more special moments in the weeks, months and years ahead.
Callum McGregor
Callum McGregor
Captain, Celtic Football Club

The propaganda’s are turning to thier players and the Bald one to fire thier evil at the wrong tactics dud players sell Buckland to raise cash to buy new, they are is thick as a brick the guy failed at his last club with the same garbage and if they sold the whole team they still not have enough to clear debts and buy players any incoming will be non the cheap as usual

Back