A transfer, clickbait, football news of any kind & in general just whats on your mind thread

Matt O'Riley's statistics for this season compared to the rest of the Scottish Premiership midfielders:

Goals โ€“ 1st
Assists โ€“ 1st
Expected goals โ€“ 1st
Expected assists โ€“ 1st
Shots โ€“ 1st
Crosses โ€“ 1st
Key passes โ€“ 1st
Shot assists โ€“ 1st
Crosses to box โ€“ 1st
Touches in box โ€“ 1st
Through passes โ€“ 1st
Deep completions โ€“ 1st
Passes to penalty area โ€“ 1st
Dribbles โ€“ 2nd
Offensive duels โ€“ 2nd
Successful attacking actions โ€“ 2nd
20240513_214339.jpg
An excellent decision to not sell him for a pitiful derisory fee in January.

Matt O'Riley's statistics for this season compared to the rest of the Scottish Premiership midfielders:

Goals โ€“ 1st
Assists โ€“ 1st
Expected goals โ€“ 1st
Expected assists โ€“ 1st
Shots โ€“ 1st
Crosses โ€“ 1st
Key passes โ€“ 1st
Shot assists โ€“ 1st
Crosses to box โ€“ 1st
Touches in box โ€“ 1st
Through passes โ€“ 1st
Deep completions โ€“ 1st
Dribbles โ€“ 2nd
Offensive duels โ€“ 2nd
View attachment 25764
Aye but let's face it, he's no Shankland

Goals โ€“ 1st
Assists โ€“ 1st
Expected goals โ€“ 1st
Expected assists โ€“ 1st
Shots โ€“ 1st
Crosses โ€“ 1st
Key passes โ€“ 1st
Shot assists โ€“ 1st
Crosses to box โ€“ 1st
Touches in box โ€“ 1st
Through passes โ€“ 1st
Deep completions โ€“ 1st
Dribbles โ€“ 2nd
Offensive duels โ€“ 2nd
View attachment 25764
Enjoy watching him in these last few games because i think he will be offski!Also think its nonsense that folk think Bernardo is a ready made replacement for Matt..he isnt on Matts level imo.

Enjoy watching him in these last few games because i think he will be offski!Also think its nonsense that folk think Bernardo is a ready made replacement for Matt..he isnt on Matts level imo.
I don't think he's a ready made replacement either mate but I think he's a really good player who's already โฐgained experience of big games for Celtic and is Portugal u21 captain. He's shown , similar In fashion , to Oriley when he first made waves, that he's capable, and a great manager to get the best out of him, as Rodgers has this season with Matty.
No coincidence Rodgers asked for more from Oriley and got it.
Oriley wasn't a ready made replacement when he arrived , not that long ago, and if anything Bernardo comes with far more experience of big games than Oriley did, given his loan time here.
Oriley ,when faced with Aaron Mooy firing on all cylinders was dropped, rightly so as Mooy was on fire.
I think Bernardo ( hope too) given the same opportunity as Oriley could go on to emulate possibly surpass Matty.
It's hard to tell given how little we've truly got to see Bernardo but I think we've all seen there's a player there.
Bernardo and Iwata would be great cover instantly for Oriley, from base.
Add to those 2 Calmac and hope Reo regains his form and full fitness and that's not bad at all for starters.
If we could add just 1 quality signing in the midfield then we'd be stronger in that position than we already are. Do think we could do with another experienced campaigner there to help out calmac as the other 2 are young. Odin Holm , I'd loan him out but not for sale just yet. Same for lawall. Mccarthy , young Kelly and Vata are the only others listed in our midfield squad ( lawall isn't, but he's on way back).
A proven talent in midfield is something we could do with.
We've a few players we've still yet to properly see, like Lagerbielke, Nawrocki, Holm, Tilio( is he still ours?), ive not seen enough of any just flashes and there's the question of Oh.
Not really done it but not had the time either but it's very difficult to get that at Celtic and despite Oh dropping down the order his stats for us are not bad at all considering he's only been used as a substitute mostly, this is where projects can fail because if we throw away 8 pt leads then we can't give the rookies time on the field that we maybe could have had we extended that gap. Not doing that meant experience first for Rodgers I thought.
We're going to lose Hart& Forrest, Taylor has no competition and has still to sign new deal/extension though I think that process has begun.
We require proven quality, don't have to cost ยฃ10-15 million. Does have to cost in wages , its a balancing act and something has to give.
We can avoid transfer fees or large ones by focusing on wages , we often do things the other way but not always , like French eddy,
Podence is a good example , went to olympiakos but he'd have came if we payed what the Greeks were paying.
Instead of the European conference league final ( having thumped villa 6-2 on agg) he'd be playing champions league football.
As good as European football is no player will choose the conference over the group stages of the champions league.
An extra few grand is no risk to us , its the mindset of a wages ceiling.
I think I've said this before ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคช

I don't think he's a ready made replacement either mate but I think he's a really good player who's already โฐgained experience of big games for Celtic and is Portugal u21 captain. He's shown , similar In fashion , to Oriley when he first made waves, that he's capable, and a great manager to get the best out of him, as Rodgers has this season with Matty.
No coincidence Rodgers asked for more from Oriley and got it.
Oriley wasn't a ready made replacement when he arrived , not that long ago, and if anything Bernardo comes with far more experience of big games than Oriley did, given his loan time here.
Oriley ,when faced with Aaron Mooy firing on all cylinders was dropped, rightly so as Mooy was on fire.
I think Bernardo ( hope too) given the same opportunity as Oriley could go on to emulate possibly surpass Matty.
It's hard to tell given how little we've truly got to see Bernardo but I think we've all seen there's a player there.
Bernardo and Iwata would be great cover instantly for Oriley, from base.
Add to those 2 Calmac and hope Reo regains his form and full fitness and that's not bad at all for starters.
If we could add just 1 quality signing in the midfield then we'd be stronger in that position than we already are. Do think we could do with another experienced campaigner there to help out calmac as the other 2 are young. Odin Holm , I'd loan him out but not for sale just yet. Same for lawall. Mccarthy , young Kelly and Vata are the only others listed in our midfield squad ( lawall isn't, but he's on way back).
A proven talent in midfield is something we could do with.
We've a few players we've still yet to properly see, like Lagerbielke, Nawrocki, Holm, Tilio( is he still ours?), ive not seen enough of any just flashes and there's the question of Oh.
Not really done it but not had the time either but it's very difficult to get that at Celtic and despite Oh dropping down the order his stats for us are not bad at all considering he's only been used as a substitute mostly, this is where projects can fail because if we throw away 8 pt leads then we can't give the rookies time on the field that we maybe could have had we extended that gap. Not doing that meant experience first for Rodgers I thought.
We're going to lose Hart& Forrest, Taylor has no competition and has still to sign new deal/extension though I think that process has begun.
We require proven quality, don't have to cost ยฃ10-15 million. Does have to cost in wages , its a balancing act and something has to give.
We can avoid transfer fees or large ones by focusing on wages , we often do things the other way but not always , like French eddy,
Podence is a good example , went to olympiakos but he'd have came if we payed what the Greeks were paying.
Instead of the European conference league final ( having thumped villa 6-2 on agg) he'd be playing champions league football.
As good as European football is no player will choose the conference over the group stages of the champions league.
An extra few grand is no risk to us , its the mindset of a wages ceiling.
I think I've said this before ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคช
Matt O'riley hit the ground running and has been superb since coming in though.Has Bernardo done enough to justify spending 5/6 million on him?In my opinion no.

Lagerbeilke and Nawrocki have been a waste of money and it tells you a lot when Scales is preferred to both.We spunked 7 or 8 million on they two, its piss poor recruitement!Rodgers clearly doesnt fancy either player.

Matt O'riley hit the ground running and has been superb since coming in though.Has Bernardo done enough to justify spending 5/6 million on him?In my opinion no.

Lagerbeilke and Nawrocki have been a waste of money and it tells you a lot when Scales is preferred to both.We spunked 7 or 8 million on they two, its piss poor recruitement!Rodgers clearly doesnt fancy either player.
Different types of players but for Bernardos limited time on the field I've been happy enough with him.
Also, Rodgers sounded like a manager running out of patience with Hatate last I heard him speak of him.
A midfield of Bernardo, McGregor Iwata is a solid one that given time to gel I think would, it allows calmac license to roam forward but unless and even if Reo gets his game together I still think we could do with an experienced attacking midfielder.
Today's prices, aye I would say ยฃ6 million is reasonable for Bernardo though I don't think any players actually worth that.
An attacking midfielder to compete with Reo, Bernardo and Iwata, with calmac pulling the strings but that's just midfield and perhaps the simplest to sort.
I also think Rodgers has backed his own judgement on scales whom he signed I believe? Nawrocki and Lagerbielke, boardroom signings. I think or former Ange targets.

Goals โ€“ 1st
Assists โ€“ 1st
Expected goals โ€“ 1st
Expected assists โ€“ 1st
Shots โ€“ 1st
Crosses โ€“ 1st
Key passes โ€“ 1st
Shot assists โ€“ 1st
Crosses to box โ€“ 1st
Touches in box โ€“ 1st
Through passes โ€“ 1st
Deep completions โ€“ 1st
Dribbles โ€“ 2nd
Offensive duels โ€“ 2nd
View attachment 25764
Adequate

Members online

Latest posts

Back